Rotisserie Chicken is one of the most popular dishes among Americans. This easily available food item is crisp on the outside and juicy inside chicken can be pre-bought and reheated whenever needed. A survey revealed that 94% of consumers choose a rotisserie chicken due to convenience. Other reasons for the chicken’s popularity are its excellent taste and the fact that it is healthy. The Rotisserie chicken is cooked with half of the body suspended on a rotating unit over a heating element. The drippings are collected and used in gravy or basting. The popularity of rotisserie dishes is driving the market for commercial rotisserie equipment featuring infrared burners. The market for global commercial rotisserie equipment market is projected to grow at a CAGR of more than 6% during 2018 to 2022.
Image Source: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180517006303/en/Key-Findings-for-the-Global-Commercial-Rotisserie-Equipment-Market-Technavio
How is Rotisserie Chicken Consumed?
Known for its exotic flavor that comes from spices and marinade, the chicken dish is served with several side dishes to make a full meal. While most consumers serve rotisserie chicken as it is, others shred or cut it up to make tacos, salads, and soups.
Certain side dishes can be served along with the Rotisserie chicken to offer a complete nutritious meal. The bold taste and the unique flavor of the marinade go well with a variety of side dishes that include mashed potatoes, vegetables, and salads. Different types of seasonings, herbs and spices can be used to enhance the flavor of the chicken.
Side Dishes That Complement a Rotisserie Chicken
Here are some side dishes that you can serve with your protein-packed Rotisserie Chicken:
- Salads - A perfect match for the chicken this salad combines broccoli and cauliflower florets with bacon, eggs, and mayonnaise to create a tasty meal. This healthy salad is a wholesome meal in itself but goes well with chicken too. You can even go for a spinach salad tossed with some strawberries, red onions, and goat cheese to accompany your chicken.
- Mashed Potatoes or Scalloped Potatoes - Suitable for serving in any meal, the mashed potatoes are creamy, buttery, and cheesy. They make the perfect side dish for your Rotisserie chicken. Another option to try is the scalloped potatoes that are crispy on the outside but creamy inside. Baked stuffed potatoes also make a good combination with chicken.
- Zucchini Fritters - Instead of pairing the chicken with traditional fries you can go for Zucchini fritters that are healthy as well as tasty. Serve them with barbecue sauce or cheesy dips for a scrumptious meal.
- Italian Sausages and Peppers - This side dish is a mix of sausages, onions, peppers, tomatoes, and many other items that make a delectable combination with the chicken. The combination of ingredients can be adjusted according to your taste and preference and mixed with tomato sauce before being cooked. The mixture can even be eaten with pita bread.
- Roasted Carrots or Any Other Vegetable - Roasted veggies not only taste well but are highly nutritious and healthy too. You can caramelize them and season them with caraway seeds, coriander, and honey. This simple dish goes well with several main dishes including Rotisserie chicken.
Rotisserie chicken is not only healthy but convenient too. Pair it with some unique salads or roasted vegetables or healthy fritters and enjoy a wholesome meal.